GORE® CHEMPAK® Products
Durable fabrics that provide enhanced functionality
for chemical and biological environments.
NFPA-certified ensembles made with lightweight GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics provide protection against toxic industrial chemicals and chemical warfare agents. At the same time, these durable fabrics allow you to move freely, remain engaged longer, and respond with added confidence that the suit and its seams will stay intact. GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics also improve your ability to respond quickly because they require no additional chemical taping.
GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics are used in NFPA-certified ensembles specifically engineered for a variety of public safety professionals:
Learn more about military ensembles.
Learn more about fire service ensembles.
Learn more about law enforcement ensembles.
GORE® CHEMPAK® Ultra Barrier Fabric
Suits made with GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabric provide certified protection to both NFPA 1992 and NFPA 1994, Class 2, for hot-zone operations. Suits made with these fabrics can be completely wet down, which draws body heat out of the garment, increasing your comfort and allowing you to remain on scene longer. This fabric’s construction provides excellent durability with high-strength sewn and sealed seams. GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabric maintains its integrity even after exposure to petroleum, oils, lubricants, and other contaminants.
- Certified protection to NFPA 1994, Class 2 in hot zone operations
- Added confidence with durable, tear-resistant construction and sealed seams
- Enhanced mobility because of lightweight and less bulky design
- Reduced heat stress because of evaporative cooling during wet-down
- Increased protection against POLs
- Search and rescue
- Technical rescue
- SWAT and high-risk entry
- Hazardous material emergency
- WMD or terrorist incident
- Containment and decontamination
GORE® CHEMPAK® Selectively Permeable Fabric
Products made with GORE® CHEMPAK® selectively permeable fabric are certified to NFPA 1994, Class 3 for outstanding protection in warm zone operations. This lightweight protective fabric is also breathable, so perspiration vapor can escape, reducing heat stress. Currently used in extended response team (XRT) suits and versatile two-piece stretch undergarments, this fabric allows you to stay engaged longer and remain focused on your mission.
- Certified to NFPA 1994, Class 3 for outstanding protection in warm zone operations
- Breathable comfort for longer engagement
- Increases mobility from lightweight, low-bulk construction
- Provides additional protection against petroleum, oils and lubricants
- Longer service life than traditional carbon suits
- Counter-terrorism security at public events
- Safe escape from contaminated environment
- Tactical force protection operations
- Technical decontamination
- Emergency response to terrorist attack victims
- Technical search and rescue